2 Days / 1 Night Maasai Mara Migration Safari
- Places of Interest: Maasai Mara
- What you are likely to see: The big five, annual wildebeest migration, plains game and different bird species
- Activities: Game viewing drives, photography, visit to Maasai villages for culture, hot air balloon safari e.t.c.
- Mode of transport: Private safari minibus
- Accommodation: 1 nights in a self contained Maasai Manyatta inclusive of all meals.
Summary of Attractions:
The Maasai Mara National Reserve is Kenya's finest wildlife reserve. Everything about this reserve is outstanding. Maasai Mara is one of the best plains' game reserve where you can actually encounter a live Discovery Channel, a haven for viewing a congregation of all sorts of animals in a five-mile radius: A pride of lions can be spotted ready to make a run for a gazelle, a cheetah and its cub taking a nap on a rock, a pair of ostriches walking the open stretches of the savannah or a gazelle giving birth. Herds of elephants wallowing at a water pool or a herd of buffaloes feeding, crocodiles down hunting the migrating wildebeest or the migrating gazelles. Other live feeding expeditions may include a herd of hyenas fighting for a hunted meal, the vulture tearing the carcasses and the giraffes galloping as they feed on top leaves of acacia trees.
Day to Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Nairobi – Maasai Mara
Meet and greet at your residence within Nairobi by "Victoria Safaris Representatives". Receive a briefing about your safari to get a rough idea about the accommodation guide and the safari plan. After the briefing, depart to the Mara, arriving after 5 hours drive. Upon arrival be transferred to the Manyatta for check in before having lunch. After lunch, depart for afternoon game drives within the park, which is home to the big five among other plains game.
Lunch, dinner and overnight at Leganishu Cultural Homestay
Day 2: Maasai Mara - Nairobi
After breakfast, you will spend the morning viewing the wildlife migration within the extensive Mara Reserve with packed picnic lunch en route. After lunch, you will depart from the park and be driven back to Nairobi with arriving in the evening. On arrival you will be transferred back to your preferred destination within the city, or to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport marking the end of your trip.
End of Service
Please request for the safari cost by filling in your details after clicking on the bookings button below. The price depends on season of travel, class of accommodation and the size of the group
- All park entrance fees and game drives
- Full board accommodation in a self contained Maasai Manyatta as specified
- AMREF Flying Doctors Evacuation Insurance
- Services of a professional English-speaking tour driver/guide
- Transport from Nairobi and back in a private 4x4 safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing and photography
- Applicable government taxes
- Optional activities like cultural visits, balloon safaris, guided nature walks, e.t.c
- Extras at the Manyatta i.e. beverages and drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- International or local flight fees and departure taxes
- Personal travel insurance including loss or damage of luggage
- Any other item not included in itinerary