3 Days and 2 Nights Maasai Mara Basic Camping Wilderness Safari – VSJM 001
This is an exciting 3 days basic camping safari into one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in Africa; the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve. This is the 7th new wonder of the world and 4th most preferred tourist destination. The trip will start in Nairobi where you will be picked from and transferred to Maasai Mara by road. You will be able to see plenty of wildlife varying from the big five amongst a host of other different animal species. If you visit between July and October, you will be able to witness the annual gnu migration from the Great Serengeti in Tanzania. While on this safari, you will travel with a professional English-speaking tour guide/driver and chef in a private safari minivan and stay in a camp.
Day 1: Nairobi – Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Early in the morning at 8.00am you will be met at your residence within Nairobi or at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport by the driver/guide and Tour Manager who will welcome you and brief you on your safari before transferring you to the van for departure to Maasai Mara. You will arrive in the Mara in the afternoon in time for lunch and check in to your camp. After lunch you will then depart for an afternoon game drive till evening.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve, now the New 7th wonder of the world and 4th most preferred tourist destination is a home to wildlife in such abundance and variety that it is difficult to imagine. The most spectacular event of the natural world takes place here; The annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture while being followed on their heels by the predators of the savanna; lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vulture. It hosts over 450 species of animals which include lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephants.
Lunch, dinner and overnight at a Campsite within the Mara Reserve
Day 2: Maasai Mara Game Reserve
After breakfast, you will check out of your camp with packed picnic lunch and spend the rest of the day game viewing till evening when you will be transferred back to your camp for dinner and overnight stay.
The Maasai Mara National Reserve is Kenya's finest wildlife reserve. Everything about this reserve is outstanding. Maasai Mara is one of the best plains' game reserve where you can actually encounter a live Discovery Channel, a haven for viewing a congregation of all sorts of animals in a five-mile radius: A pride of lions can be spotted ready to make a run for a gazelle, a cheetah and its cub taking a nap on a rock, a pair of ostriches walking the open stretches of the savannah or a gazelle giving birth. Herds of elephants wallowing at a water pool or a herd of buffaloes feeding, crocodiles down hunting the migrating wildebeest or the migrating gazelles. Other live feeding expeditions may include a herd of hyenas fighting for a hunted meal, the vulture tearing the carcasses and the giraffes galloping as they feed on top leaves of acacia trees.
All meals and overnight at a Campsite within the Mara Reserve
Day 3: Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Nairobi
Enjoy early morning pre breakfast game viewing to get a chance to spot the early predators as they start off their day. Afterwards return to your camp for breakfast then check out and start the journey back to Nairobi arriving in the afternoon. You will carry packed picnic lunch to eat en route. Upon arrival you will be dropped off at your residence from where you were picked from. If you wish, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your outbound flight to your next destination.
End of Safari
- Safari Cost: US$ 440 per person (minimum 2pax sharing)
- Exclusive use of a 4x4 Safari land cruiser: US$ 100 extra per day
- - Accommodation in a camp as stipulated in the itinerary
- - Three meals a day including picnic lunches, as indicated in itinerary
- - Transport from Nairobi and back in a private safari minivan with open roof
- - Services of a professional chef and English speaking tour driver/guide
- - Hire of tent, mattress, pillow and blanket
- - Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as per itinerary
- - Applicable Government taxes and levies
- - All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax / email bills etc
- - Optional hot air balloon flight while in the Mara
- - Optional cultural visit to Maasai villages
- - Tips and gratuities to chef, camp staff and driver/guide
- - Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- - Sleeping bag, bed sheets and any other bedding
- - Laundry services
- - Personal travel insurance
- -Any other item not included in our itinerary